Bromford Technologies Alcester is recruiting for a Toolmaker to work at the Bromford Alcester Site; Unit 9, Kinwarton Farm Road, Arden Forest Ind. Estate, Alcester, Warwickshire B49 6EH.
To manufacture Press Tools, Jigs and Fixtures and maintain existing tooling. Occasional production machining when necessary.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Occasional production machining when necessary.
• To be flexible and adapt to the needs that the engineering and production departments demand.
• To support operations and engineering supplying tooling for both development and production.
• Inspection of own work using verniers, height gauges, micrometers, shadowgraph etc.
• Manage consumables which relate to the nature of the job. Maintain steel stocks for use in the toolroom.
• Maintain 5S principles and good housekeeping standards within the toolroom area.
• Set up and operate CNC machine tools where applicable.
• Work and adhere to HSE guidelines on site.
• To perform other such duties as generally correspond to the nature of the position and its level of and its level of responsibility.
KEY SUCCESS CRITERIA:
• Supply tools on time to a high standard.
• Maintain existing tooling.
• To be flexible and adaptable to meet varied challenges and tasks.
• Work strictly to deadlines to ensure tooling is made available as and when required to a high standard.
• To work closely with fellow colleagues to build and maintain good working relationships, exchange working knowledge to enhance own working performance and to liaise with Engineering at all times.
• To produce high quality tools which contribute to achieving high quality parts to meet the overall monthly production plan.
• To have a conscientious methodical approach and excellent attention to detail.
• To have the initiative to work on your own and in a proactive manner as well as contributing towards a team effort.
• Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook.
• A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
• Reliable, tolerant, and determined.
• Open to new experiences, responsibility and accountability.
• Attention to detail and accuracy at all times.
• Capable of working to deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Managing workload effectively; prioritising where necessary.
Previous experience working in a tool room.
If you have the relevant experience and qualifications to apply for this position, please send an up-to-date CV to Nicky Colson, HR Officer; Alcester-Careers@bromfordindustries.co.uk.