MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Create and sustain the standards for “QHSE” every day in the area under responsibility by:
1. Implement a comprehensive and documented delegated audit structure to control and improve the performance of EHS and Quality in line with required targets and standards. This includes but is not limited to:
a. Create an exhaustible list of audit points, to be checked at defined frequencies (several times a day, daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually)
b. Perform “Job Safety Observations” (JSO) according to a rolling schedule and use them as a practical and interactive way to complete parts of the audit routine, including coverage of any “critical” safety processes (for example, observe employees perform a lock-out / tag-out operation, then ensure machine cannot be started).
c. Effective application of the “EHS Model” to create a safe, healthy and environmentally compliant place of work, and a culture which promotes adherence to these principles.
d. Process compliance audits to identify, contain and correct potential Quality and EHS issues
e. Identifying actual or potential problems (variations to the required target or standard) and taking the necessary actions to contain, solve or escalate these problems within an appropriate timescale by engaging others
f. Engaging with employees to develop competence and involve them in sustaining standards and improving performance every day
2. Improve investigation, problem-solving and follow-up of accidents and near-misses (corrects behaviours, stops repetitive accidents and identifies potential causes of accidents before they happen).
3. Using the output of the Walk the Floor routines to report on performance against the agreed metrics under EHS and Quality, and to identify problems for resolution by the operational teams.
4. Monitoring the resolution of identified problems for EHS & Quality, accepting an effective solution, and ensuring that the new standards determined by this solution are maintained, and where necessary, built into the Walk the Floor routines.
5. Improve employee engagement through regular promotional and participative events such as “Accident-Free Months” and “EHS Awareness Talks”.
6. Maintain and audit the Quality and Environmental management systems in line with ISO9001, AS9100, Nadcap, ISO14001 and any customer specific requirements.
7. Maintain and report against key performance indicators, taking remedial action where necessary.
8. Create awareness of the (cascaded) objectives of the business, together with the current performance against these objectives and plans and take accountability for delivering the objectives specifically assigned to the area of responsibility.
9. Participate in “Lean Events” to improve any aspect of performance associated with QEHS.
10. Develop employees to ensure they are trained to carry out the job(s) assigned to them, and to positively contribute to the performance and agreed standards of the area and in line with corporate values.
11. Build a Personal Development Plan to improve their own personal performance and effectiveness in this role.
From time to time, you may be required to perform other duties as requested by your Line Manager, and whilst not listed above, these duties will be appropriate to the level of responsibility held and to the scope of the role as defined.
• An influencer and relationship builder:
- Creating alignment
- Building and sustaining relationships
- Team working
• An implementer:
- Planning and organising
- Delivering results
• A leader:
- Resilience, and ability to retain rational thought under pressure
• At least 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with similar technologies
• At least 3 years of experience working within an aerospace Quality environment
• Fully conversant with the requirements of ISO9001, AS9100 and NADCAP
• Fully conversant with the requirements of ISO14001 and ISO45001
• NEBOSH (or equivalent) Qualified
• Customer specific experience desirable – Rolls Royce, Safran, Siemens, General Electric
• Have demonstrable experience of maintaining and auditing systems
If you have the relevant experience and qualifications to apply for this position, please send your up to CV and a covering letter to Birminghamfirstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, 8 February 2019. Furthermore, should you know anybody external to the business who may be interested in this role, please forward their contact details to the HR Department. Please note a £250 reward will be payable to any Bromford employee who refers a successful external candidate; on the completion of their three-month probationary period.