Bromford Technologies Alcester is recruiting for a Process Engineer to work at the Bromford Alcester Site; Unit 9, Kinwarton Farm Road, Arden Forest Ind. Estate, Alcester, Warwickshire B49 6EH.
To develop both new and existing components in line with the principal accountabilities as detailed below.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Joint responsibility with team ME’s to produce Method of Manufacture (MOM) and enter this onto company ERP system.
• Keep company ERP system up to date with current information/MOM.
• Create part packs containing all information required in order to manufacture parts (SWI’s, Data Cards, Drawings etc.).
• Work with project engineer to control introduction of new products/parts into business ensuring timely completion to lead time and quality requirements.
• Implement new processes where required.
• Review and implement Engineering Change Requests ECR’s as necessary.
• Support production leaders in tooling, electrode and consumable selection.
• Liaise with operations and shop floor to solve technical/production issues.
• Liaise with customers on project updates and technical issues.
• Liaise with suppliers to solve technical issues and ensure timely and effective NPI management.
• Improve manufacturing methods on both new and existing components.
• Embed CI initiatives and ensure continuous ‘outside the box’ thinking to make sure all NPI is developed as ‘production friendly’.
• Utilise new product introduction techniques using company procedures and assist project engineer with NPI project plans.
• Support operations and quality with route cause analysis and problem solving.
• Work and adhere to HSE guidelines on site.
• Perform other such duties as generally correspond to the nature of the position and its level of responsibility.
KEY SUCCESS CRITERIA:
• Deliver projects on time, to cost and quality.
• Ensure timely support to production on daily issues.
• Strategically plan for existing and new innovation.
• Ensure timely customer feedback and support is maintained.
• Ensure ‘right first time’ implementation of new product MOM’s.
Internal; there has to be a transparent alignment between all departments to ensure full workforce are driving to the same goals, sales/NPI targets and commitments. Ensure sufficient notice is provided for shop floor resource whilst making sure all operation requirements are complete (data cards, tooling etc.).
External; Ensure regular, robust and accurate feedback is given to all customers throughout the development process. Maintain a professional and helpful approach to all situations and customer/supplier interactions.
• Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook.
• A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
• Reliable, tolerant, and determined.
• Open to new experiences, responsibility and accountability.
• Attention to detail and accuracy at all times.
• Capable of working to deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Managing workload effectively; prioritising where necessary.
Ideally should have a technical degree, preferably in a field that offers opportunity to gain a well round engineering background.
At least 5 years’ experience within an Aerospace and/or Industrial Gas Turbine Industry and preferably with shop floor experience. Must have a good understanding of manufacturing techniques.
If you have the relevant experience and qualifications to apply for this position, please send an up-to-date CV to Nicky Colson, HR Officer; Alcester-Careers@bromfordindustries.co.uk.