To prepare accurate cost estimates for the manufacture of complex machined components for the aerospace and IGT industries to support successful bids for new and existing
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Preparation of detailed cost estimates for the manufacture of machined products to support the acquisition of new business and commercial activities on existing business.
• Identification of all raw material and bought-out requirements from detail drawings to allow the Supply Chain function to obtain quotations for price and lead time.
• Preparation of robust and efficient methods of manufacture as a basis for completing cost estimates. Methods are to include all Special Process requirements such as Heat Treatment, Coatings, Testing etc.
• Calculation of Standard Hour content from first principles for all manufacturing operations.
• Analysis of performance on manufacture of existing production to verify profitability.
• Identification of all Non-Recurring Costs (NRC’s) associated with the manufacture of components being estimated.
• Identification of Non-Recurring Engineering Costs (NRE’s) associated with the development of the components being estimated.
• To support the Business Development function in submission of bids in line with agreed timescales
• Support internal Bid Review Meetings through preparation and maintenance of trackers showing progress towards target submission dates.
• To support the Senior Management Team in fulfilling or exceeding the business plan.
• To perform other such duties as generally correspond to the nature of the position and its level of responsibility.
• Must be an experienced Estimator / Manufacturing Engineer with a strong CNC machining background and be fully conversant with modern manufacturing techniques.
• Experience of machining large precision turned and prismatic components in aerospace materials.
• Would preferably have knowledge of CAD CAM systems with Solid Works and Catia being a distinct advantage.
• You must have strong time management skills with the ability to deliver multiple requirements concurrently to demanding timescales.
• Good commercial awareness particularly when dealing with Customers
• Must be dynamic, enthusiastic with excellent communication skills with the ability to fit into a multi-functional team environment.
• At least 5 years manufacturing experience in an aerospace / automotive or relevant environment.
• Minimum HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or relevant experience
If you are interested and wish to apply for the role, please forward your CV and Covering Letter to: Birmingham-Careers@bromfordindustries.co.uk